Sunday 26 May 2013

Appreciation

My internet friend, Elly, is currently on holiday, and I think it's only now I realize how much she means to me. You know that feeling when nothing seems to be fulfilling, the only thing you can think of doing is nothing, everything seems pointless, and the only thing you want to do is talk to somebody who listens to your problems? That's kind of the issue I'm having right now. And it's because of this, that I realize how much I take Elly for granted.

Whenever I want somebody to talk to, she's there. She's not patronizing or judgmental; she just listens and cares and helps, and that's all I can really ask for. However, now she's not here, I really don't know who to go to. I don't trust many people, and I'm not trying to make a big point of this. All I mean is that I just want her to know that, as one of the only people who knows so much about my life, I appreciate her being there.

We've actually been talking for 10 months and 3 days now, which is extraordinary. I had always hoped our friendship would last this long, but never actually expected it to. I don't know why I thought such a thing, but we've made it this far, and I expect we'll probably keep talking online up until the moment where we can talk face-to-face. Which would be amazing, by the way.

But.. yes. I just felt the need to make this blog post, in hopes that she will see this and know how much I appreciate the fact our paths somehow crossed. You're the best friend somebody could ask for, and I thank you for that.

Soppy Amy time over. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment