Friday 24 May 2013

Benjamin & Violins

I seen one of my favourite artists, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, on Tuesday, at Northumbria University! It was a small gig, but one of the best experiences of my life. My sister and I were one of the first to get in to the place they were playing, and got right to the front, which although was not a big priority for anybody else, was a giant one to me. I'm a pretty avid Benjamin Francis Leftwich fan, to say the least. 

And so, the gig went on, and he played all of his songs and a cover, and I got to see two pretty amazing supporting acts (Sivu and Lewis Watson, just in case you're curious), except he didn't sing my favourite song... yet. Out of nowhere, he unplugs his electro-acoustic guitar, and says: "I don't like being elevated. I'm coming down into the audience for my last song." And he jumps down, hops over the barrier, and sits right next to me.


The proof is in the p(icture)udding. Then, even better, he sings my absolute favourite song of his, Atlas Hands, and with shaky hands, I filmed the whole thing. He looked over at me a lot of times. Needless to say, I died. So then the gig ended and I was getting ready to leave and then suddenly I hear him say he'll be taking photos over at the little merchandise rack thing. And I lined up, and got a photo with him. I look a bit weird, but I don't really care.


Yup. That happened. Nobody at school really cared, so I decided to enlighten you, my dear blog, with my glorious story instead. In other news, my violin has still not been set up, but alternatively, Miss Green has let me borrow hers over the holiday.. it's so fun to play, I'm not even kidding. I believe to have picked it up pretty quickly, but more than likely, I'm doing it completely wrong, so I won't get my hopes up too much.

That is all, I'd like to think, so adios for now, and speak to you next time.

PS: Just realized all I've done all night is blog and play violin.. I am the Johnlock child.

No comments:

Post a Comment