Monday 6 May 2013

Good Times, Good Times..

Plenty of these I have encountered over the weekend, and yet, I still currently feel a bit crap; the worst part is that half of it is over something a bit silly, and I don't even know what the other half is, but there definitely is one. 

All in all, I feel like all of my previous friends are attacking me at once, as if forming an evil alliance against myself. Obviously that's not the case, but it most certainly feels like it. Today, I had a wonderful day at Saltwell Park, a nice little Victorian park situated in the North East of England, and I came home very pleased and happy. After watching Pirates of the Caribbean with my sister, I went online, as per usual, expecting to be greeted by things to further my pleasant mood. This was not the case.

Instead, I first go to Instagram, where a sea of photos captioned "with all my best friends" await me. Quite frankly, not the best of things to see. Irony plays its part respectably well here, considering the people who did this were previously slagging off others for doing such a thing. All in all, it felt like a bit of a dig, a dig of which I cannot understand.

Slightly miffed, I continue my journey over to Facebook, expecting a more positive entrance: one of which I did not receive. First to appear on my godforsaken timeline were six uploaded photos from a previous friend, whose name shall not be mentioned; selfies of her and two other unnamed people with similar captions to the previously aforementioned case. Disappointingly, following was a status saying: "Anna Smith*, Laura Turnbull* are the best."

Just so you know, the names were classified. Anywho, since finding such photos and status', I've been a bit in distress. Are these really aimed at me? Am I really that bad of a person, to deserve such a thing? Do they not know of how I feel about these specific things they happened to have posted? I'm not dictating what they can or can't post, I just feel consideration into how others may feel about it may be appreciated.

I don't know. I'm just a bit upset right now. On a happier note, I did have a really fun day today with friends who actually care for my well-being! It's true. The only downer is that I will have to face school tomorrow, and be greeted with the beau(gly)tiful faces of my fellow classmates during the nearly seven hour period. Oh, the joys.

Sorry the majority of my blog posts are simply me ranting, before leaving you on a rather abrupt note, but it's just how I roll. And on that rather abrupt note (see what I did there?), I will leave you. Adios!

P.S: Listen to Ben Howard, you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment